NUUKSIO: Snowshoeing Crisscross in the Winter Wonderland!
Come and see the beautiful scenery, breath the cleanest air in the world, hear the silence, smell the evergreen fresh forest and feel the Northern paths under your snowshoes!
Join us for a winter adventure by snowshoes! First we learn the basics of snowshoeing and then head off for a guided walk in Nuuksio National Park. During this activity we will see the most beautiful spots and sights of Nuuksio National Park. The guide will tell you about the local nature while experiencing the wintery wonderland and in the midway we will gather around open fire and fill our bellies with local delicacies served with traditional Finnish pot coffee, tea and blueberry soup.
- Duration of the activity is about 3,5-4h
- Lenght of the hike is about 4 - 5 km (if you wish we can also hike a shorter route 2km)
- This activity is available from January - beginning of April. In case of too little snow we can replace the snowshoeing with hiking or you may cancel the activity
- For bigger groups than 16 persons please ask availability: email@example.com
This activity is available for webshop bookings only for Saturdays and Sundays, bookings for weekdays please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finland is a natural wonderland with 40 national parks and a land of nearly 200 thousand lakes, which provides a unique adventure playground for outdoor people! Nuuksio National Park is located only about 30 min from Helsinki. The national park and its surrounding backwoods have always been a wilderness area and therefore an unique destination to explore the stunning Finnish nature.
- What to pack: Outdoorsy clothing matching the weather (we prefer layers, so bring an extra layer for the break!), hiking boots or similar kind of winter boots. Water bottle is recommended too.
- Guest requirements: Ability to walk on the forest trails. Children are also very welcome, but please ask more information by email. In case of any allergies please let us know it well beforehand
- Dry toilets can be found along the route
- Meeting point: Kattilantie 424, 03220 Vihti (Bus 245 from Espoo center)
- Please see the terms and cancellation policy below!
Please check out also our other activities here: https://forestful.johku.com/en_US
If you need transportation to Nuuksio National Park please ask more by email
Here is also a link to route planner (public transport): https://www.hsl.fi/en/timetables-and-routes
If you need accommodation in the Nuuksio area please ask for tips by email
Nature and wilderness guide, wild herb, forestmind , snowshoeing and kayaking instructor
Here a link of our partner in Nuuksio:
Haltia – The Finnish Nature Centre – is a popular exhibition centre situated by Nuuksio National Park https://haltia.com/en/