Berries & Mushrooms Go Wild
Come and see the beautiful scenery, breathe the cleanest air in the world, hear the silence, taste the seasonal berries and wild herbs, pick mushrooms, smell the fresh forest and feel the Northern paths under your feet!
During this activity we will hike and see the most beautiful spots and sights of Nuuksio National Park and pick berries and / or mushrooms available in the season. The guide will tell you about the local nature and in the midway we will gather around open fire and fill our bellies with local delicacies served with traditional Finnish pot coffee, tea and blueberry soup. If you wish you also have the possibility to dip in the pure and clear waters of the wilderness lakes!
- This activity is available: July - mid November
- Duration of the activity is about 3,5 - 4h
- Lenght of the hike is about 4km (if you wish we can also hike a shorter route 2km)
- This activity can be arranged in all weather conditions
- For bigger groups than 20 persons please ask availability: firstname.lastname@example.org
This activity is available for webshop bookings only for Saturdays and Sundays, bookings for weekdays please contact us: email@example.com
Finland is a natural wonderland with 40 national parks and a land of nearly 200 thousand lakes, which provides a unique adventure playground for outdoor people! Nuuksio National Park is located only about 30 min from Helsinki. The national park and its surrounding backwoods have always been a wilderness area and therefore an unique destination to explore the stunning Finnish nature.
Forests in Finland are a real treasure if you like picking berries or mushrooms. Pure environment with long sunny summer days and light nights give an incredibly delicious taste to berries and mushrooms. It is not only the aroma - Finnish wild berries and mushrooms are clean and healthy: they contain huge quantities of vitamins, fibres and anti-oxidants.
- What to pack: Outdoorsy clothing matching the weather, good shoes to explore off the beaten track
- In case of rain we will provide comfortable rain capes
- Requirements: Ability to walk on the forest trails and paths. Children are also very welcome, but please ask more information by email. In case of any allergies please let us know it well beforehand
- Dry toilets can be found along the route
- Meeting point: Free Parking lot at Kattilantie 424, 03220 Vihti (Bus 245 from Espoo center)
- Please see the terms and cancellation policy below!
Please check out also our other activities here: https://forestful.johku.com/en_US
If you need transportation to Nuuksio National Park please ask more by email
Here is also a link to route planner (public transport): https://www.hsl.fi/en/timetables-and-routes
If you need accommodation in the Nuuksio area please ask for tips by email
And if you want to spend a memorable night in the tentsile tree tent in Nuuksio: https://honkalintu.johku.com/en_US/tentsile-experience-ecocamp-nuuksio/reserve-tentsile-experience-eco-camp-in-nuuksio-national-park-espoo-finland
Nature and wilderness guide, wild herb, forestmind and kayaking instructor
Here a link of our partner in Nuuksio:
Haltia – The Finnish Nature Centre – is a popular exhibition centre situated by Nuuksio National Park https://haltia.com/en/